I'm illegal my husband and i have been married for 3yrs and have a 1yr old baby & he is station in Germany. Can I get a pardon?

Albuquerque, NM |
Filed under: Immigration US visas

Hi my husband is a citizent we met in high school 2005, then we got married in July 5,2008. He is in the Air Force we got station in new jersey for 4yrs. He reenlist for another 4yrs and he is now station in Germany but unfortunately I can't go with him because I'm illegal my parents brought me to the USA when I was 12yrs old. We have a 1yr old baby and he is staying with me to take care of him. My question is. Is there any way I can probably get granted the parol in place so my child and i can go over to germany where my husband is? If not then what can I do in order to change my status.. I need help please.

The Legal Assistance Division at the Judge Advocate Office on the airbase in Albuquerque should be able to suggest someone who can help you get a parole in place. You should have a military dependent ID as the wife of an active duty airman.

There is no "parole" for your situation. You are in the country illegally and can be deported at any time. You cannot travel to Germany since you have no legal travel documents (like a passport). Your husband would have to file for a spousal visa on your behalf, but that is typically only granted when you are not in the US, and certainly not in the US illegally. There isn't much you can do.

This answer is not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - it is to be considered only a general response to a hypothetical scenario posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

I suggest you post a new a new question under immigration so you can get some immigration advice.

The exact answers to questions like this require more information than presented. The answer(s) provided should be considered general information. The information provided by this is general advice, and is not legal advice. Viewing this information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. You should not take any action that might affect your claim without first seeking the professional opinion of an attorney. You should consult an attorney who can can ask all the appropriate questions and give legal advice based on the exact facts of your situation. The general information provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Thank you but I don't know how to actually ask the question.

Clifford Michael Farrell

Clifford Michael Farrell

re type the same question but put it under immigration. Good luck to you.

Recommended articles about Immigration