Skip to main content

I'm going to court tomorrow for driving on suspended license. How should I plea?

Bayshore, NY |

My license was suspended for 3 months after 3 months i started driving again.i got pulled over the cop told my license is suspended. But I wasn't aware that it was still suspended because they told me I can start drivin again after 3months.

Attorney Answers 5

  1. If you are appearing in criminal court in central islip you should seek aide of counsel ASAP. No matter what you should plead not guilty. Call a traffic attorney. most will give a free consultation over the phone.

    When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on NY law as I am licensed in NY. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel.

  2. Plead not guilty and preferably retain an attorney before you go to court to assist you.

    If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

  3. Plead not guilty, preferably with an attorney.

    Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

    I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

  4. If you are appearing in Central Islip for this ticket then you want to seek representation. You have been charged with a misdemeanor is you have to go to Carleton Ave.

    This communication is neither a solicitation nor an offer to represent you. The information provided to you in this communication is not intended to create and does not create a lawyer-client relationship with the Law Office of Daniel A. Jimenez P.C.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics