Professional legal advice for $39.

Avvo Advisor
Talk to a lawyer

I'm going to ask the Clerk of the Court for a subpoena so I can have a witness in a civil case served. Will I have to pay

a fee for the clerk to give me the subpoena? I know I will have to a process server. This is for Los Angeles.

Los Angeles, CA -

Attorney Answers (1)

Michael Raymond Daymude

Michael Raymond Daymude

Litigation Lawyer - Sherman Oaks, CA

No. You will not have to pay the clerk. However, you will have to pay to have it served and the witness is entitled to witness fees.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for... more

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.