I'm going to apply for the deferred action program for young children that came to the use when they were 15, I have an appointm

Yakima, WA |

I have an appointment with an attorney until september 20th. meanwhile i was offered a job but i'm not sure if I should take it Would taking a job right now affect my chances of getting approved for the program?

1. I don't see how it will affect you, if not the employer. I highly recommend you to meet with an attorney now. Many attorneys seem to keep flexible hours as many undocumented aliens may not be able to make it to the office during the business hours. Call the law office and ask if they would have an earlier opening. You may want to check the pro bono clinic/community legal services. Good luck.

2. It would not affect your eligibility for deferred action, but how are you going to complete the I-9 to prove you eligibility to work?

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. Call another attorney .. .many of us have appointments available before September 20th.

IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.