I'm getting married Saturday. I want to keep my last name but also want to add his last name. Do I just add a Hyphen in between?

Asked over 1 year ago - Richmond, MO

My dad passed away and had 3 daughters and the other 2 are already married so I wanted to carry on the last name.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Yes, you have to include such a hyphenated name in the COM forms as your married name.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,487 answers this week

3,088 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,487 answers this week

3,088 attorneys answering