I'm getting flyers from attorneys saying charges haven filed against me for my dog not being licensed

Clearfield, UT |

I haven't been contacted by police but I started getting flyers from different attorneys saying they'll represent me. How do they know about the charge and I don't?

1. Call Animal Control to find out, they can probably tell you.

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute legal advice. Any statements I have made are based upon the very limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in California.

2. The attorneys that do this rely on the court dockets. One of the letters will probably tell you that charges have been filed against you in a specific court. (Usually, a the justice court in the county you live.) That said, call the court clerk and they will tell you when and what charges have been filed against you.