I'm getting a divorce from my wife, she makes alot more money than me, will i be able to get Alimoney?

Boardman, OH |
Filed under: Alimony

I moved here from florida 3 yrs ago, left my job, currently working in boardman, but work on commision, as i don't make enough to move out, just enough to pay my bills, i make $1000 a month, she makes roughly $11,000 a month?

1. Spousal support is determined by the court based upon a consideration of a list of statutory factors including: Duration of the marriage, income history, employment history, financial resources, age and health, ability to work, etc. It is not solely determined by who makes more money, though that is a factor to be considered. Keep in mind that spousal support is very subjective and there are as many different ways of determining spousal support amount and duration as their are judges and magistrates making those decisions.

THE CONTENT IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL LEGAL ADVICE. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL LEGAL ADVICE, OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT, BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON THIS WEB SITE. NEVER RELY ON INFORMATION ON THIS WEB SITE IN PLACE OF SEEKING PROFESSIONAL LEGAL ADVICE. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT CONTACTING THIS LAW FIRM DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION TO US UNTIL SUCH TIME AS AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED BY SIGNING A REPRESENTATION AGREEMENT. WILLIS LEGAL SERVICES, LLC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY ADVICE, OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS THAT YOU OBTAIN THROUGH THIS SITE. YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO CONFER WITH YOUR ATTORNEY WITH REGARD TO INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEB SITE. AFTER READING ARTICLES OR OTHER CONTENT FROM THIS WEB SITE, YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO REVIEW THE INFORMATION CAREFULLY WITH YOUR PROFESSIONAL LEGAL REPRESENTATIVE.

2. Attorney WIllis hit the nail on the head with his partial list of statutory factors. Of great interest was why did you move from Florida? Were you already married? Was it for her job? Is your disparity in income due to any opportunities you had to forego to further her career? The answer to any of these questions has the potential to increase, decrease or eliminate an award of spousal support.

Hiring a local family lawyer will yield the best results,

Good luck

This answer contains information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may be protected by attorney-client privilege or work product doctorine. However, the mere receipt of this answer, alone, is not sufficient to create an attorney-client relationship. If the reader of this is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any dissemination, publication or copying of this answerer is strictly prohibited. The sender does not accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that may occur while using data contained in, or transmitted with, this answer. Should the reader have any questions please feel free to contact Attorney Kotler at TBKotler@sbcglobal.net or 330-777-0065 Thank you and please indicate if you found this answer and / or the link(s) helpful.

3. Attorney Willis has given you a taste of some of the fourteen statutory factors the court must consider. The statute further provides that the court has the latitude to consider any other factors that it feels are relevant. The internet is not the place to air all the facts in your case, but you do need to consult with a divorce attorney is your area.

Attorney Sternberg is admitted to the practice of law only in the State of Ohio. His answering of this question does not constitute an attorney client relationship, nor can his answer be relied on since the question does not permit Attorney Sternberg to seek additional information necessary to render an legal opinion.