I'm full time employed but my employer is only giving me 24 hours a week, is this legal?

Tampa, FL |

I have worked there for 28 years and they are cutting back our hours. Is it possible to file for unemployment for the hours we are not getting?

1. It depends on how much in wage loss you are suffering. Each state has precedent decisions that govern these issues. You can go online to find these or consult with local counsel.

Don't even think about quitting before you understand your rights and potential remedies, because quitting makes it harder to get your unemployment benefits.

David Mallen.

David A. Mallen offers answers on Avvo for general information only. This offer of free, general answers is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. If you need specific advice regarding your legal question, you should consult an attorney confidentially. Many experienced California labor and employment attorneys, including David A. Mallen offer no-risk legal consultations to employers and employees at no charge. David A. Mallen is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, as well as the California Labor Commissioner and the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board. Failure to take legal action within the time periods prescribed by law could result in the loss of important legal rights and remedies.