I'm from Rochester ny I broke my ankle at work an today I seen my doctor for the first time an he told me that I need surgery

Rochester, NY |

Next Wednesday an he has to put medal pins. So how much about how much Money will I get from workers comp

How much do earn? You will get lost wages. You may later get a lump sum for loss of use but that is way down the line.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

I earn 400 weekly

Re-direct this to the work comp forum.

Avvo has a great "Find a Lawyer" feature to help you find the attorney that is right for you and your case. You should retain a local workers compensation attorney to address your needs. I hope you found my response helpful.

$159, 236.43

You need to have the facts reviewed asap-not only for worker's comp- but also to see if you are entitled to a third party recovery in addition to that. You should schedule and appointment with an atttorney who does this type of work daily.
Best wishes,
Bob Brenna Jr.
brenna@brennalaw,com
Brenna Brenna and Boyce pllc
Rochester New York 14614

Bob, Robert L. Brenna, Jr. No relationship is intended, agreed upon or accepted by answering this general question Brenna Brenna and Boyce PLLC Rochester, New York brenna@brennalaw.com

No one can predict what you are going to get without obtaining more details. You are entitled to loss of wages which is a portion of your weekly earnings and depending on the severity of your injury you may be entitled to a classification payout. Based on your limited details about the injury it sounds like you will be out of work for awhile and there may be some permanency that will make you a candidate for a compensation award. These type of cases are all fact specific and should really should get an attorney to help guide you through the process.

you do need to hire a workers compensation lawyer however in addition to that you may need to hire a personal injury lawyer.
since I am a New York personal injury attorney and I work with personal injury attorneysupdate New York to Rochester, I would suggest that you contact me to discuss how your accident happens, so we can determine whether there might be a possible lawsuit against another party who may have caused or contribute to do to the happening of your accident

How did you injure your ankle?

I broke my ankle at work in the snow

Yefim Rubinov

Yefim Rubinov

You should speak to a local personal injury lawyer and a workers comp attorney right away.

I can't sue my employer

I can't sue my employer

Yefim Rubinov

Yefim Rubinov

I am aware of that fact, however, under some circumstances you may sue a third party

Since you were injured while in the course of your employment, you should consult with a worker's compensation attorney and file for your medical & lost wage benefits. You may also be entitled to a global settlement depending on the permanency of the injuries. You should also look to see if there is a third party (not related to your employer) that may be responsible for causing you to fall. For example if Staples delivered supplies & you tripped over a Staples box of paper at work you can assert a claim against Staples while collecting your comp benefits.