I'm from Europe. My grandma is sick, can I travel to Europe with my dreamer differed action status ?

Asked 6 months ago - Sarasota, FL

Is my grandma being sick and the fact that I haven't seen her in over 18 yrs considered a humanitarian reason for permission to go visit her? Would they allow me to travel with my American child ?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

18

Answered . You need to apply for an "advance parole" travel permit for humanitarian reasons. Your child will need a US passport to accompany you.

Please see

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

1

Answered . You can always try and apply for an advance parole on "humanintarian" grounds based on your ailing grandma. As far as I am concerned, a "sick grandma" will not cut it, but you can always try and see for yourself. If granted the AP, returning with a US born child is no problem.

3. Maria Vladimirovna Davydova

Answered . You need to apply for and obtain Advance Parole prior to your travel, otherwise you will not be able to reenter the United States. Your child should be able to travel on his/her American passport without problems.