I'm flying into Washington State from California to take care of a felony possession warrant

Sacramento, CA |

it's going to be dropped to misdemeanor because it was under gram I'm just worried about being caught at the airport before I go to take care of it that is why I'm going to Washington

1. You need to hire a criminal defense attorney in CA where the warrant is outstanding to have it set aside/recalled ASAP and placed on the docket BEFORE you appear.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

2. As I understand your question the felony warrant is in Washington, you live in CA but you want to go to Washington to take care of it. With an outstanding felony warrant you could have a problem at the airport although security is laxer for domestic destinations than international. You should follow my colleague's advice and have a lawyer set the whole thing up for you in advance.

Because I was recently congratulated by an Avvo questioner for having the courage not to use a disclaimer, let me make it clear that I have always answered questions subject to the Avvo general disclaimer. The answers I give are for educational purposes and not to be relied upon for legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is intended or established by virtue of these answers.

3. I agree with my colleagues- you need a WA attorney to get warrant recalled before you fly from CA to WA just to be safe. The airport security is unpredictable. You might consider driving

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY