I'm filling a i130 Petition for my wife in Pakistan,but she is 17 yrs old is it possible to File her case if she is under 18?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

I'm filling a i-130 Petition for my wife in Pakistan...the problem i am facing is her age...she is 17 years old (under 18) and cannot get her Pakistani ID card which is a requirement to file her case...how do i go about this situation...i want her in U.S as soon as possible...Please lemme know the best and fastest way to bring her to the States?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

Answered . You either wait until she.. ."emancipates", ie. becomes 18, OR you do whatever is necessary for her to obtain an ID in Paki.

Perhaps with her parents consent and signature she could have an ID issued to her? (In this country when the parents consent to a minor child's marriage, that child becomes an "emancipated" minor and can get married, as well as sponsor a foreign national spouse.)

They let her marry at 17 but will not issue an national ID card to her??

2. Stephen D. Berman

4

Answered . No, you do not need to send a copy of her ID card to file an I-130.

3. Gen Kimura

4

Answered . Can she get a Pakistani passport?

4. Khaja M. Din

Pro

3

1

Answered . First off congratulations!!! If you are Islamically married as in according to Sharia law ad you have a “Nikah Nama” and this is the bride’s first marriage, typically her “wakeel” is her father and thus you already have the father’s consent and then you would require the mother’s written consent. With these items, a lawyer would likely be able to demonstrate how this marriage is not against public policy or against local marriage laws (in the jurisdiction where you reside).

Khaja M. Din, Esq.

Free Consultation For Your Immigration & Deportation Issues

www.dinmemmen.com

Khaja Din is an immigration attorney specializing in deportation defense and the immigration consequences of criminal conduct. He has offices in Chicago, IL and Madison, WI.

Din | Memmen, Inc.

Chicago Office
    4518 North Kedzie Avenue
    Chicago, IL 60625
    P.312.361.8462