I'm filing the i130 for my husband and we are concerned about affidavit of support!

San Jose, CA |

My husband wants to come and work here in the US and get a job as a construction worker but we are concerned because when the weather gets bad there is no work for construction workers so he would have to get unemployment benefits during that time but would that be a problem because of the affidavit of support I'm signing?

1. no

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. If you are not sure whether his work will qualify him for meeting the income requirements for getting his residency you may want to consider getting a cosponsor (for the income requirements) when applying for him. Additionally, if you are asking if getting unemployment benefits would make him a public charge, that is something that may require some additional research to figure out.

--

LORIC, Immigration Solutions

Rodrigo Ivan Canido
    Managing Attorney

3333 Bowers Ave, Suite 130
    Santa Clara, CA 95054
    Tel: 650-279-5933
    Email: rcanido@loric.net.in
    www.loric.net.in

--

LORIC, Immigration Solutions

Rodrigo Ivan Canido
    Managing Attorney

3333 Bowers Ave, Suite 130
    Santa Clara, CA 95054
    Tel: 650-279-5933
    Email: rcanido@loric.net.in
    www.loric.net.in

3. If he will be contributing to employment insurance and the benefits will be derived through employer, he should be OK.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.