I'm filing the i130 for my husband and we are concerned about affidavit of support!

My husband wants to come and work here in the US and get a job as a construction worker but we are concerned because when the weather gets bad there is no work for construction workers so he would have to get unemployment benefits during that time but would that be a problem because of the affidavit of support I'm signing?

San Jose, CA -

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

no

Rodrigo Ivan Canido

Rodrigo Ivan Canido

Immigration Attorney - Palo Alto, CA

If you are not sure whether his work will qualify him for meeting the income requirements for getting his residency you may want to consider getting a cosponsor (for the income requirements) when applying for him. Additionally, if you are asking if getting unemployment benefits would make him a public charge, that is something that may require some additional research to figure out.

--

LORIC, Immigration Solutions

Rodrigo Ivan Canido
Managing Attorney

3333 Bowers Ave, Suite 130
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Tel: 650-279-5933
Email: rcanido@loric.net.in
www.loric.net.in

--

LORIC, Immigration Solutions

Rodrigo Ivan Canido
Managing Attorney

3333 Bowers Ave, Suite 130
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Tel: 650-279-5933
Email: rcanido@loric.net.in
www.loric.net.in

Tripti Sharad Sharma

Tripti Sharad Sharma

Immigration Attorney - San Jose, CA

If he will be contributing to employment insurance and the benefits will be derived through employer, he should be OK.