I'm filing N-400 on the basis on marriage to a US Citizen. Should I include my supporting documents along with the filing?

Schenectady, NY |

Should I include supporting documents such as Tax transcripts, birth certificates ad marriage license or do I just save all that info to bring during interview

1. I would include it with the package filed

This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide, any legal advice.   By viewing this answer you understand and expressly agree that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the attorney who authored the answer.  Should you need legal advice, please contact a licensed attorney who practices in this area.  Readers of this answer and the information contained herein should not act upon any information contained in this answer without seeking legal counsel.

2. Absolutely no need. Just bring those to the interview, and even during the interview only produce them if and when asked.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. Yes. What do you have to lose?

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

4. Yes. What do you have to lose?

5. I would include

6. i would include minimum amount of evidence with the filing and bring more to the interview to show you are still married to and living with the U.S. citizen. They especially like joint tax returns.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108
    phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
    email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

Education law topics