I'm filing for permanent residency under the knew change in administration that occurred March 4 but can i9 form be an issue?

Dallas, TX |

I have been married for 12 years and have never committed a crime not even gotten a traffic ticket. I was hoping to get my permanent residency through my husband who is a us citizen and have had a marriage of 12 years. If i have always checked the box of permanent resident and in once instant accidentally put US citizen but changed it later on with the permission of the employer could i get banned and how would they find out. Does the IRS have anything to do with it?

1. I HIGHLY RECOMMENDED you use an attorney for all Immigration matters, especially a brand new waiver procedure that is quite involved and difficult. Your particular fact pattern also raises some serious concerns as you have lied about your LPR status systematically, and making a false claim to US citizenship can't be glossed over. Get to an immigration attorney familiar with waiver law. This is no time to put your family at risk with DIY lawyering.

2. Definitely talk with an attorney in details as to what your chances are and what you need to do...

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney http://www.shautsova.com Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com

3. I second my colleagues. You need to contact an experienced immigration attorney as soon as possible. A Clarification, I-9 form is not an IRS form. Employers must verify the identity and employment authorization of each new employee using the form I-9. This verification is enforced by ICE. In other words, this is a USCIS form.