I'm filing an adjustment of status for my husband who's from Belgium. Does he need to go back to Belgium for the interview?

My husband came here four years ago with a visa waiver. He came here legally but was supposed to leave after three months. Now that we are married we filed an adjustment of status. Will he need to return to Belgium for the immigration interview?

Williamsburg, IA -

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

if he goes outside of the country, he will trigger the 10 year bar. For adjustment of status, if all goes well, it is done inside the US.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

I assume you are an USC. Yes he can seek AOS here in the USA. Keep in mind, If the government sends him to court for whatever reason, he will have hard time defending his removal.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

He may be able to adjust status in the US.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.