I'M FELONY PROBATION ARE THEY ALOUD TO KEEP ME FROM MY FAMILY MEMBERS

Asked 7 months ago - Lancaster, OH

i WAS CONVICTED OF 3 FELONIES i WAS ONLY GUILTY OF ONE FELONY THE OTHER 2 MY MOM DID SHE WAS JUST INDICTED ON 3 FELONIES BUT THEY TOLD ME WHEN i WAS RELEASED ON PROBATION THAT i COULD NOT HAVE ANY CONTACT WITH MY MOTHER. i WAS ALSO TOLD THAT i COULD NOT HAVE ANY CONTACT WITH MY LITTLE BROTHER BECAUSE HE IS ON JUVENILE PROBATION. i AM ON ADULT PROBATION IS THIS LEGAL

1. William Lawrence Summers

1

Answered . Probation is not a right it is a privlege. What does your Lawyer have to say about it? He or she would know far better than anyone on this site because that Lawyer is right there with the Judge and Probation.

That is my personal and professional opinion, Thank you, William L. Summers
  2. Christopher Lee Beck

Pro

1

Answered . Yes. One condition of probation is often to not hang out with other felons or other people on probation. I suggest you comply with probation 110% and maybe the probation will loosen the ropes a little bit.

Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    1370 North Fairfield Rd.
    Suite C
    Beavercreek, Ohio 45432
    (937)426-4000 phone
    attycbeck@gmail.com
    www.becklawofficellc.com

3. Peter Stephen Kirner

1

Answered . I agree. You do EXACTLY what the probation department tells you to do.. They say jump, you say how high. (unless they cross a very clear line such as you having to work for the PO personally or something like that). Be on your best behavior, as that PO is the ONLY thing keeping you from going to jail if you do not comply with there wishes. Good luck.

4. Brendon Jay Kohrs

Answered . I agree with the other Attorneys who have answered, but as a past probation officer, as long as you are following the rules of probation you will avoid problems. Your probation officer may allow contact on holidays so long as your in compliance.