I'm divorced due to wife's adultery in VA. My appeal was denied for the alimony,what are my options to re open the case?

Reston, VA |

The appellate court denied my case due to perceived manifest of injustice because the marriage was 25 yrs old. she was a stay at home mom. The court has awarded her lifetime alimony which I want to stop. My lawyer wand to ask another panel to review the case again, if rejected here he suggests I go to the Supreme Court. Financially I am ruined & the alimony would put me on the street. What do you suggest? My X wife has family members who are attorneys with connection in the State Council.

1. I suggest you stick with your attorney's advice at juncture. I believe this case was in the Virginia Lawyer's Weekly - if it is the same case, there are a lot of moving parts going on in your case. At any rate, the attorney who handled the trial and subsequent appeal would be in a much better position to answer your question for you. Good luck.