I'm divorced due to wife's adultery in VA. My appeal was denied for the alimony,what are my options to re open the case?

Asked 4 months ago - Reston, VA

The appellate court denied my case due to perceived manifest of injustice because the marriage was 25 yrs old. she was a stay at home mom. The court has awarded her lifetime alimony which I want to stop. My lawyer wand to ask another panel to review the case again, if rejected here he suggests I go to the Supreme Court. Financially I am ruined & the alimony would put me on the street. What do you suggest? My X wife has family members who are attorneys with connection in the State Council.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Andrew Dennis Meyer

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I suggest you stick with your attorney's advice at juncture. I believe this case was in the Virginia Lawyer's Weekly - if it is the same case, there are a lot of moving parts going on in your case. At any rate, the attorney who handled the trial and subsequent appeal would be in a much better position to answer your question for you. Good luck.

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Adultery: When Your Spouse is Unfaithful

Adultery is when one or more parties involved in sexual relations are married, but not to each other. It is a leading cause of divorce.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,411 answers this week

2,941 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,411 answers this week

2,941 attorneys answering