I'm dissolving a New Jersey civil union but I now live in N. Hollywood, CA. Can I still dissolve it? If so, what do I have to do

Asked over 1 year ago - North Hollywood, CA

How much will it cost?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Richard Forrest Gould-Saltman

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . If you and your soon-to-be ex both live in California, you can dissolve the union in California; it's very much like getting a dissolution of marriage (divorce).

  2. Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . This is a new area but generally if the resident state recognizes civil unions they allow divorces.

    This is not a comprehensive answer and it is impossible to provide a meaningful response without a consultation.... more
Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now