I'm disabled, I have ssi. I own a house I have NO mortgage. I want to buy out the 1/2 owner. I need a program or lender...

Seattle, WA |

need lenders but who will accept me. I am in the home it was bought for me cash all paid off. What type of loan will let me borrow & pay off the other owner?
I have savings, I have ssi income I have credit cards that could put me at $20k down. would I be able to buy it since I have home as collateral if I was to default on a payment which I've never missed in 13 years.. I can afford $900 a month. I have 745 credit. no 2yr. job history. I have proof from a co. That I worked, can I have them write a statement? can I qualify for a loan this way? Or through bank statements like "map program" which just came to wa. I want a $150k loan helic? Line of credit disability loan what can I get. Can I go through my 13yr. Credit card co. Would they rate me low risk since they know my credit history?

1. As long as you have the requisite credit and income, you can qualify. As of January 1st, tougher regulations went into effect for lenders regarding home loans. I suggest that you work with a lender of your choice. They will let you know if you qualify or what you can do to improve your chances of qualifying. Good Luck!

My answering your question does not create an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any response made is based upon the limited facts you have presented. I recommend that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in Washington State.

2. You need to talk to a loan officer about this not a lawyer. However, beware of stretching yourself too thin. Interest adds up over time.

No legal representation exists by virtue of this answer. Consult your attorney. Licensed to practice law in Indiana and Illinois. Circular 230 Disclosure: any U.S. tax advice contained in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code, or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any matters addressed herein.