I'm currently working on OPT and applied for H1 b visa and I want to transfer my H1 b before Oct1.

Asked over 1 year ago - Nashville, TN

I'm currently working on OPT which is valid until feb 2014 and my current employer has filled my H1. Is it possible for me to transfer my H1 b to another employer before Oct 1??
If so, When should I initiate the transfer process? and How early I can start working for the new employer?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . Not possible. With that said, if approved, you will be CAP exempt and your new employer will be able to hire an immigration and petition for you.

2. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

3

Answered . No.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . No.

Plus YOU don't do the process .. the company and their lawyers do the paper ... an H-1B is the property of the employer, not the employee.

4. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

1

Answered . The prospective employer can petition for you with the start date of Oct 1.