I'm being sued and the plaintiff has sent me a waiver of service with my business name appearing incorrectly.

Asked over 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

I am a sole prop and the business name is misspelled. Do I have to send in the waiver with the misspelling? Also it has been over 30 days because I didn't get the waiver because of the misspelling until 2 weeks ago.

1. Thomas Andrew Miller

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . To properly protect your interests, you should consult an attorney. The plaintiff may have issues with service that could be favorable to you, but you need to protect yourself from default. An experienced attorney will know what to do...keep in mind your situation could be very time sensitive.

2. John William Fawcett

4

1

Answered . The time begins to run once you have actually been served. However, you also have other issues such as an answer to file. I strongly suggest you consult an attorney as soon as possible.

3. Nicholas Dale Benzine

2

Answered . I agree with the others here that more facts are needed and that you should discuss this with an attorney. Our attorneys have worked for employers defending civil litigation for years. We also offer free consultations. 678.825.5430

4. Alan James Brinkmeier

1

Answered . consult an attorney as soon as possible