I'm being stalked and harassed by someone online can I get a restraining order or sue him

Asked 6 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

This guy is stalking me online. I have his personal information. He has a personal website and he has copied a conversation I was having on a page on facebook and posted them on his personal website, removing the other persons comments and fabricating what the comments were about and to who. he has posted on his site links to my personal facebook page for others to find me. there are others now making very defaming and vulgar remarks about me on this page due to his fabrications..I live in Los angeles, ca and he is in thousand oaks, ca.

1. Christopher John Gansen

Pro

1

Answered . You could possibly seek a restraining order. The papers are easy to fill out and available at local courthouses. Start at www.lasuperiorcourt.org - I think any other sort of lawsuit would/could be pretty costly...

2. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

Answered . There's little that law enforcement will do for you, but take the steps necessary. You may have to file a restraining order. Bear in mind that the Internet is like fantasy land in that many of the people on the Internet do not use their real identity so to believe that you know who's doing it may take longer than you believe. I wish you the best.

3. Jimmy C Chong

1

Answered . Contact your local police department who will be able to explain to you the cyber stalking laws.

Pro

1

Answered . Call the police, and report abuse to FB