I'm being charged with Theft> 50 <500. What are my options?

Asked about 1 year ago - Little Elm, TX

I was arrested for shoplifting at a retail store. Have no criminal background, and I just made a bad decision at the time.

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

Best Answer

Answered . Well you'll have to hire an attorney and they will take you through the process. Denton county does have a pretrial diversion program for first-time offenders, so you may qualify for that. Otherwise, the range of punishment on a Class B is up to 180 days in jail or up to two years probation and a maximum fine of $2,000.

2. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

2

Answered . Theft of any kind is serious. A theft conviction brands a person as a dishonest scoundrel who is not to be trusted.

Luckily, in many communities prosecutors provide ways to avoid a conviction even if a person is caught red handed, so long as the theft is at a misdemeanor level.

So, I suggest you immediately get with a reputable criminal defense lawyer in your area and seek assistance.