Skip to main content

I'm being charged with ADW/GBI Force: Not FI

Yuba City, CA |
Filed under: Violent crime

The other party hasn't pressed charges First time in trouble

Attorney Answers 4


The "other party" does not have a choice about prosecution. It is up to the DA alone whether or not to "press charges".
You need an attorney.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


If the potential charge is indeed an ADW/GBI then you can be sure it will be filed by the DA. The other party can only complain to the police; he cannot press charges.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


I agree with both Mr. Hudson and Mr. Kaman's sage answers.

Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


You need to contact an attorney immediately. You may have some fantastic options or defenses.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Violent crime topics

Recommended articles about Violent crime

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics