I'm being "shipped off" to work at another location because my superiors don't want to deal with my bully. What can I do?

Newport News, VA |

This woman has cussed me out on numerous occasions in front of the entire staff, humiliated me repeatedly in front of clients, almost posing to be my boss. Final episode she flipped a chair and approached me, I felt unsafe and threatened. She told manager he could fire her and she could care less, left and never came back all day. Now I will be working further away and longer hours. How is this right?

1. This individual may have connections that make her feel very secure in her job and enable her to bully others. There is nothing you can really do about it unless she is motivated by prohibited discrimination such as that based on race, sex, national origin, creed, disability etc. If this is the case and it is very often hard to prove, you will have to proceed first through the employer's complaint procedure (before making an EEOC charge), provided the employer has established such a procedure.

Otherwise, there is very little you can do about it. This is most unfortunate.

This is meant as general legal information and is not to be construed as legal advice in an attorney client relationship.

2. I agree that their seems to be little damages sustained as far as a lawsuit. You can quit or report to work at the new location, the choice is your. I think driving a little extra do get away from somebody like this will be well worth it for your own peace of mind. Unless there is some type of provable federally protected discrimination occurring, I don't see any other way. Best of luck.