I'm at work working a 8 hr shift and I asked for help

Dayton, OH |

I asked for help parking cars in valet and security said I can only have a 20 min break. They never gave me a break and I'm on my girly thing and had a accident and know I just feel humiliated at work.

Unfortunately, in Ohio, an employer is not required by law to give breaks of any kind for an eight-hour work shift.

Attorneys on Avvo are donating their time. If my answer was helpful, please click "Best Answer" or "Helpful." I am licensed in Ohio. I handle cases involving family law and employment law. The nature of Avvo means that you have provided no documentation or full case details; therefore, any answer cannot be relied upon as legal advice. I am not your attorney. This post is not legal advice, but instead contains general educational information. Please do not act or refrain from acting based upon what you read in this post. Also please remember that this post does not form an attorney/client relationship between you and me. If you have specific legal questions, you should contact an attorney in your state for assistance.

I agree with Jennifer. You are not entitled to a break during an 8-hour day.

Recommended articles about Employment