I'm asylum applicant , I had Interviewed from 3 months and 15 days ( 107 days ) , till now i didn't receive any decesion .

Cleveland, OH |

I entered the website of the USCIS and I wrote my case number , this message appear ( Expect a 30-45-day delay between when your application or petition is filed and when your information is available in Case Status Online, depending on the volume of applications USCIS receives. ) , What this message mean ? , do you think it's long time to receive the decision or normal ?

Evidently you are already in status, so they are in no rush to make a decision and your wait time is therefore normal.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

I'm not in status , my status expired after I filed by 4 days .

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

Then it is unusual. After 150 days, you should file for a work permit.

I already have the work permit from 2 months , I filed my asylum from 9 months , do you think is the long time of taking the decision is good sign or not ?

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

Impossible to know. Stephen Berman Attorney at Law Immigration Attorneys, LLP 8989 N. Port Washington Rd., Ste 201 Milwaukee, WI 53217 Tel. 414.939.8099 Fax 414.939.8098 Sent from my wireless device This e-mail and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the named addressee(s) and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error please immediately notify the sender, at Immigration Attorneys, LLP by sending a reply e-mail or by phoning the sender at 312.661.9100 and permanently delete the original copy and any copy of any e-mail, and any printout thereof. Thank you.

Your waiting time is nothing unusual

Three months is not an inordinate amount of time. With that said, I'd encourage you to meet with your lawyer to discuss any continuation of underlying status and thereby prepare for a referral to an IJ if the asylum is not granted.