I'm asylum applicant , I had interviewed from 7 months, 29 days (241 days ) , I sent inquiries many times but no answer .

Asked over 1 year ago - Cleveland, OH

just today they replied that my application is pending and they will notify me by mail of any decision
relating to my case , so please can you explain why that long time to take a decision ? OR Do you think is it a good or bad sign or what your expectations ? , Please help me .

1. Philip Alan Eichorn

2

Answered . Many applications are delayed for a variety of reasons including but limited to short staff at the asylum office, some research into your claims and verification of the information you provided.

2. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

2

Answered . Asylum cases are quite specific and usually complicated. Generally, the immigration ofticer will look to confirm the testimony you gave. It is best to be patient and consult an immigration attorney.

3. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

2

Answered . Be patient as these types of cases can take a long time to be decided. Meanwhile, if you can afford to, hire a good immigration attorney in your area should it become necessary to look into the matter more, or should you eventually want to appeal a possible negative decision (I am not predicting this - based on your scenario, my guess is as good as your own as to whether signs are "good" or not, as you put it - but it is prudent to always be prepared for the next step ahead of time). Good luck!