I'm applying for i-601 waiver for my spouse. she's subject to the 10 year ban. I'm afraid it wont get approved.

Asked over 1 year ago - Spring Lake, NC

What can I put as my extreme hardship? other than financial and emotional. Please help. my wife was brought to the us as child. I'm a U.S. ARMY active duty soldier. I've been married 2 years. I'm very healthy and so is my wife and our 9 month old us citizen baby, So we cant claim anything through that( i see that most waiver's approved have to do with health problems that I don't have.). My wife and son are everything to me. I need this waiver to get approved.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

22

Answered . The baby is a strong element. How are you supposed to serve your country and care for your baby at the same time? Document this carefully. Good luck!

2. Chong Hae Ye

Pro

10

Answered . I agree, the fact about your baby is an important testament about your hardship. By the way, I hope you are getting an assistance from an immigration attorney in filing you I-601 waiver, you don't want to jeopardize it by trying to do it on your own. If you have retained an immigration attorney, your attorney should give you inputs. Best of luck.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.
  3. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

9

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. The baby is an important element. It would be best if you hired an immigration attorney to assist you.

4. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

9

5. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

8

Answered . Your child,your need to travel. When did you wife come to the US at what age and how old is she now. She may be eligible for DACA.

919.225.3963
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brownimmigrationNC.com

Robert Brown LLC
    2530 Meridian Parkway, Suite 3050
    Durham, NC 27713

6. Rebekah Grafton

8

Answered . I would highly recommend speaking with an immigration attorney who can assist you in documenting the hardship. By at least having a consultation, an experienced immigration attorney may be able to find additional hardship that you have not yet considered. Of course your child and the fact that you are an active military soldier are helpful, but the more documentation you can submit, the better.