I'm applying for i-601 waiver for my spouse. she's subject to the 10 year ban. I'm afraid it wont get approved.

Spring Lake, NC |

What can I put as my extreme hardship? other than financial and emotional. Please help. my wife was brought to the us as child. I'm a U.S. ARMY active duty soldier. I've been married 2 years. I'm very healthy and so is my wife and our 9 month old us citizen baby, So we cant claim anything through that( i see that most waiver's approved have to do with health problems that I don't have.). My wife and son are everything to me. I need this waiver to get approved.

The baby is a strong element. How are you supposed to serve your country and care for your baby at the same time? Document this carefully. Good luck!

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I agree, the fact about your baby is an important testament about your hardship. By the way, I hope you are getting an assistance from an immigration attorney in filing you I-601 waiver, you don't want to jeopardize it by trying to do it on your own. If you have retained an immigration attorney, your attorney should give you inputs. Best of luck.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.

I agree with my colleagues. The baby is an important element. It would be best if you hired an immigration attorney to assist you.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Your child,your need to travel. When did you wife come to the US at what age and how old is she now. She may be eligible for DACA.

919.225.3963
immigration@rbrownllc.com
www.brownimmigrationNC.com

Robert Brown LLC
2530 Meridian Parkway, Suite 3050
Durham, NC 27713

I would highly recommend speaking with an immigration attorney who can assist you in documenting the hardship. By at least having a consultation, an experienced immigration attorney may be able to find additional hardship that you have not yet considered. Of course your child and the fact that you are an active military soldier are helpful, but the more documentation you can submit, the better.