I'm applying for Deferred Action, but I'm having problems proving I came here before turning 16 years old.

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Cruz, CA

Can I use pictures of myself with American landmarks behind me to show I was here before turning 16 years old? That's all I have to proof I currently have to show I came here when I was 15 years old. The pictures have dates. So they clearly show they were taken when I was 15 years old.

1. Dana Roxana Bucin

3

Answered . I recommend you use an attorney on this who can take a look at the overall strength of your case and suggest creative ways to prove this element.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . Here's the problem. Unless you are holding up a newspaper and your birth certificate in the photo ... only you know that you were less than 16 in the photos.

Sure, you can use them. But, I would NOT base an application on that kind of 'proof' alone.

Meet with an attorney.

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

2

Answered . Did you attend school? Talk with an attorney. S/he will assist you in determining how to prove presence prior to age 16.