I'm an author who is a victim of cyber bullying and active campaign to defame me.

Asked over 1 year ago - Littleton, CO

I have a few books on Amazon. A girl from Alaska is very actively spreading accusations and lies about me and things she claims I've done. I have a mountain of screen images saved to document her activity. Is there anything I can do to compel here to stop? Is there anything I can do to compel the bloggers involved to stop spreading her false stories?

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

6

1

Answered . I am indeed sorry to read of this.

You can institute a defamation lawsuit against her but we are talking about difficult cases that are hard for attorneys to take due to the lack of damages involved.

I would search this AVVO website to see if you can find someone in Colorado that will tackle the case. It will be hard to find someone is my guess.

I wish you luck.

2. Christopher Daniel Leroi

5

Answered . You can initially get a federal injunction against her to cease and desist and then file a libel and defamation of character lawsuit against her. You definitely need an attorney to represent you as these are incredibly difficult cases to prove, you need to establish damages, and you need to show your financial losses.

Pro

6

Answered . Why? Did she not receive her book, or she doesn't like the content? Have a local lawyer send her a cease and desist letter