I'm am deployed and my Ex-girlfriend will not return property I am paying for while deployed, I have not filed do to local

Austin, TX |
Filed under: Divorce

When we broke up she stole my phone, kept my furnature and childs clothes, my clothes, 63' TV, entertaiment center, workout equipment, etc and dispite calls, emails and letters to the property manger, which is a property she works for and lives at, I have not recieved any of my property. Most of the property I am currently paying for while I am on deployment. I have not filed charges. I dont know what to do. Please help!!!

1. Call the police. At this point, no need to let her know that you are calling the police because she will just move the stuff to another location. Make sure to have proof of ownership for the items you claim she has stolen.

You can also sue for theft of property as a civil matter. Contact a local Austin attny to pursue that route.

This answer is intended for informational and educational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice nor forming the attorney client relationship. This attorney is licensed in Texas.

2. I agree with Mr. Harding - if you inform her that you are calling the police, there is a chance that she will hide all your stuff. It appears that you have done everything in your power to get the items back and she has no intention of complying. Call the police. Best of luck.

This answer is intended for informational and educational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice nor constituting an attorney-client relationship. This attorney is licensed in Texas.

3. Your ex-girlfriend has committed the civil offense of conversion, and you could sue her for your property to be returned, plus the value of any damages to your propery, plus any value for the loss of use of the property, plus attorney's fees. This is a civil suit. Conversion is the name in civil court for theft, but it seems unlikely that law enfocement would pursue a theft. Proof of ownership is always a problem in a conversion suit. However, if you are still paying on certain items, then there would be proof of what those items are from the purchase of the items, and also proof that you are still paying for the items. Please call me, Don Morehart, if you wish to proceed. My phone number is 512-551-0404.