I'm adopting internationally from Jamaica and the process is in it final stages now. I'm now waiting on the courts to sign over

Asked 6 months ago - Atlanta, GA

the child to me. My question is, I would like to go ahead and start processing the papers in USA due to the fact my home study will soon expire. Is it OK to do so w/o Jamaica final decision?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Daniel Ellis Rice

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . I suggest you possibly contact the Manely law firm in ATL (ph # 866-687-8561); they have a lot of experience handling international family law matters.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,632 answers this week

2,835 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,632 answers this week

2,835 attorneys answering