I'm about to file for US citizenship naturalization.

Nashville, TN |

There is a question in Part 10 -D: Good Moral questions, number 16 Have you ever arrested, cited, or detained by any law enforcement officer?
I have speeding ticket, should I answer yes and list it?

It is preferable to list all citations, including traffic citations.

Ari Sauer
Memphis Immigration Lawyer
(901) 682-6455

Disclaimer: The information here is for educational purposes only and should not be relied upon without first consulting with an experienced immigration law attorney. The information given may not apply to your individual situation. Immigration laws, regulation and procedure change frequently. This information should not be relied upon as legal advice without first consulting with an immigration lawyer and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Please note that this site is open to the public and any information posted by readers can be viewed by government officials. Ari Sauer is licensed as an attormey by the States of TN, NY & NJ, but is able to represent clients throughout the US. Practice limited to US immigration law. Neither NY, NJ nor TN offer certification as an Immigration Specialist. This is an advertisement.

You can list it and then explain at the interview. It should not pose any problems.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

I agree with my colleagues. A traffic ticket is a minor issue. It could become more if you don't list it.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info

Yes, you should disclose it on the application and explain that the citation is a speeding ticket. However, it is always wise to consult with a qualified immigration lawyer who can review your particular case in detail.

Yes. Disclose everything. When you apply for Naturalization, your case can get denied on the good moral character issue more often on the failure to disclose a minor infraction or failing to disclose a minor incident when if disclosed that incident could have been explained with no negative impact on the decision requesting naturalization.