I'm about to buy a property from ROE / Bank owned and it said it is for owner occupied .

Asked over 1 year ago - Grambling, LA

I'm about to buy a property from ROE / Bank owned and it said it is for owner occupied . I am working in different state and I will be occupy my house from time to time . I'm not sure if that can be considered as owner occupied or not .

1. Tiffany Dianne Garland

1

Answered . In order to qualify for an owner occupied mortgage for a REO property, the home MUST be your primary residence. Although this does not prevent you from working in another state, it is advisable that you be extremely cautious. If this home will not be your actual primary residence, you should disclose that. Many lenders are beginning to pursue legal remedies against buyers who are lying about whether the home will be their primary residence. I highly suggest you consult a Title Attorney regarding this issue.