I'm a victim of a dog bite,& I was wanting to know how long does it take to settle thoses kinda of cases?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Spring, TX

it happened while i was working on my job,i was fired after it happen and becaz i didn't finish my shift,I was in the hospital for 3mos,and had 2 surgery its already been a year since the injury.I have an attorney on the case but he refuses to give me any information on my case,Don't i have a right to all the info and can I get copy's of all he has done already? Ive tried to call him and email him but nonething,what can i do???

1. John Gus Zgourides

5

Answered . You have an absolute right to a copy of your file.

John Zgourides
    The Woodlands, TX
    www.zgourides.com

2. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

5

Answered . As a former chair of the Austin grievance committee, I would say that is improper conduct. Why in the world would your attorney not want to show you the great work he has performed on your case unless he really hasn't done any work and is trying to hide that fact from you. You may have good grounds to fire your attorney. I am "AV" dated by Martindale Hubbell, which is the highest rating awarded for ethics and competence. I am a former police chief, police investigator, and assistant district attorney. I would be happy to speak with you at no cost and with no obligation to hire me. visit my Avvo website or my website at www.kevinmadison.com and then call me at 512-708-1650.

3. Vuk Vujasinovic

Pro

4

1

Answered . This video by our law firm addresses your main question:

http://www.vbattorneys.com/video/firing%2Dyour%...

Let us know if you have any questions after watching this video.

4. Jeffrey Mark Adams

6

Answered . Your attorney should promptly and appropriately address any (reasonable) inquiry that you may have. If your attorney is not responsive you should consider speaking with another attorney. Try to meet with your present attorney and air out your concerns. Good luck.

5. Don Karotkin

1

Answered . The time it takes to resolve a personal injury lawsuit is widely variable depending on a number of factors.

What concerns me about your post is your lawyer's conduct. Lawyers have an ethical duty to keep clients reasonably informed of the status of their legal matters and to respond promptly to clients' reasonable requests for information. I suggest you make an in-person appointment with your lawyer and discuss politely but candidly the status of your case and your concerns. If you are unable to schedule an appointment, the next step would be to fax your lawyer a letter asking him to contact you within forty-eight hours. If that yields no response, I suggest you terminate your lawyer and hire one who will pay attention to you and your case.