I'm a victim of a dog bite,& I was wanting to know how long does it take to settle thoses kinda of cases?

Spring, TX |

it happened while i was working on my job,i was fired after it happen and becaz i didn't finish my shift,I was in the hospital for 3mos,and had 2 surgery its already been a year since the injury.I have an attorney on the case but he refuses to give me any information on my case,Don't i have a right to all the info and can I get copy's of all he has done already? Ive tried to call him and email him but nonething,what can i do???

This video by our law firm addresses your main question:

http://www.vbattorneys.com/video/firing%2Dyour%2Dlawyer%2Ecfm

Let us know if you have any questions after watching this video.

Your attorney should promptly and appropriately address any (reasonable) inquiry that you may have. If your attorney is not responsive you should consider speaking with another attorney. Try to meet with your present attorney and air out your concerns. Good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

You have an absolute right to a copy of your file.

John Zgourides
The Woodlands, TX
www.zgourides.com

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

As a former chair of the Austin grievance committee, I would say that is improper conduct. Why in the world would your attorney not want to show you the great work he has performed on your case unless he really hasn't done any work and is trying to hide that fact from you. You may have good grounds to fire your attorney. I am "AV" dated by Martindale Hubbell, which is the highest rating awarded for ethics and competence. I am a former police chief, police investigator, and assistant district attorney. I would be happy to speak with you at no cost and with no obligation to hire me. visit my Avvo website or my website at www.kevinmadison.com and then call me at 512-708-1650.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/

The time it takes to resolve a personal injury lawsuit is widely variable depending on a number of factors.

What concerns me about your post is your lawyer's conduct. Lawyers have an ethical duty to keep clients reasonably informed of the status of their legal matters and to respond promptly to clients' reasonable requests for information. I suggest you make an in-person appointment with your lawyer and discuss politely but candidly the status of your case and your concerns. If you are unable to schedule an appointment, the next step would be to fax your lawyer a letter asking him to contact you within forty-eight hours. If that yields no response, I suggest you terminate your lawyer and hire one who will pay attention to you and your case.