I'm a US Citizen applied for my wife in India in November, 2012.

Asked about 1 year ago - Drexel Hill, PA

i130 was approved in April and now its been over 45 work days and NO WORD FROM NVC. Upon calling NVC they said they don't have the case on record. Called USCIS, they said they sent the case in April, 2013 to NVC. I don't know what to do. Why is this happening? Is there an issue with the Priority date? How do I check my priority date? Do I really need a priority date due to the fact that my wife an immediate relative? Please Help

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

21

Answered . That process takes about 8 months. Be patient.

2. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

18

Answered . You should not be worried at this point. There are many delays in the processing.

3. Anu Gupta

Pro

16

4

Answered . Hi there - Processing times (transferring from CIS to NVC) can take several months. 45 days is very optimistic.

4. Jorge Luis Delgado

18

Answered . For your peace of mind: write a letter to NVC at the address that appears in the last letter you received from USCIS stating that your case had been transferred to NVC. In your letter, inquire about the status of your case and attach a copy of the letter from USCIS. You should get an answer within 30 days.

5. F. J. Capriotti III

16

Answered . Be patient ... it takes time 45 days isn't much time.

6. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

16

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.