I'm a US Citizen applied for my wife in India in November, 2012.

Drexel Hill, PA |

i130 was approved in April and now its been over 45 work days and NO WORD FROM NVC. Upon calling NVC they said they don't have the case on record. Called USCIS, they said they sent the case in April, 2013 to NVC. I don't know what to do. Why is this happening? Is there an issue with the Priority date? How do I check my priority date? Do I really need a priority date due to the fact that my wife an immediate relative? Please Help

1. Hi there - Processing times (transferring from CIS to NVC) can take several months. 45 days is very optimistic.

800-688-7892, www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only. It is not to be construed as legal advice. We promise to zealously represent you - but as with any legal matter, we cannot predict the approval of your case based on our past successes. Each case is different. If you are in a similar situation, we would recommend that you contact us to discuss your case.

2. That process takes about 8 months. Be patient.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. You should not be worried at this point. There are many delays in the processing.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

4. Be patient ... it takes time 45 days isn't much time.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

5. For your peace of mind: write a letter to NVC at the address that appears in the last letter you received from USCIS stating that your case had been transferred to NVC. In your letter, inquire about the status of your case and attach a copy of the letter from USCIS. You should get an answer within 30 days.

6. I agree with my colleagues.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.