I'm a US Citizen applied for my wife in India in November, 2012.

Drexel Hill, PA |

i130 was approved in April and now its been over 45 work days and NO WORD FROM NVC. Upon calling NVC they said they don't have the case on record. Called USCIS, they said they sent the case in April, 2013 to NVC. I don't know what to do. Why is this happening? Is there an issue with the Priority date? How do I check my priority date? Do I really need a priority date due to the fact that my wife an immediate relative? Please Help

Hi there - Processing times (transferring from CIS to NVC) can take several months. 45 days is very optimistic.

800-688-7892, www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only. It is not to be construed as legal advice. We promise to zealously represent you - but as with any legal matter, we cannot predict the approval of your case based on our past successes. Each case is different. If you are in a similar situation, we would recommend that you contact us to discuss your case.

Can you please tell me what is the average processing time for CIS to transfer case to NVC? She was approved in april 2013

Anu Gupta

Anu Gupta

6-8 months

Do you mean from the date I applied for my wife from last or starting her approved petition this year in april?

Anu Gupta

Anu Gupta

this is the time the CIS sometimes takes to transfer approved cases to the NVC.

If the overall process is about a year long. its already been 6 months. It will take another 6 to 8 months to forward a case? Really? This is disheartening, because my friends wife came to the USA in 11 months. Are you sure of the time frame to transfer the case to NVC?

Anu Gupta

Anu Gupta

I'm giving you the outside window. Most cases take a lot less time.

If its not too much to ask. How much more time my wifes case is transferred to NVC according to your judgment? Its already been over 45 days. My friends wife was approved and contacted by NVC within a month.

That process takes about 8 months. Be patient.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

6 to 8 months, Is that from the date the case was approved by USCIS? OR 6 to 8 months starting from the date the I130 was approved?

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

yes

I don't understand. Should I calculate the 6 to 8 months from the time I filed her petition. Or from this april when the i130 was approved?

You should not be worried at this point. There are many delays in the processing.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Is there a way to determine the priority date in my wife's petition?

Be patient ... it takes time 45 days isn't much time.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

There really isn't a 'priority' date for the spouse of a US Citizen ... they are immediate relatives and are, therefore, exempt from the priority date system. With that said, the date of filing would be the priority date .... which as mentioned above, is of no significance in this type of case.

For your peace of mind: write a letter to NVC at the address that appears in the last letter you received from USCIS stating that your case had been transferred to NVC. In your letter, inquire about the status of your case and attach a copy of the letter from USCIS. You should get an answer within 30 days.

Jorge Luis Delgado

Jorge Luis Delgado

It is in the approval notice.

I agree with my colleagues.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.