I'm a UK based business owner who already has US clients. What would be the best route for US immigration?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

I've looked at L1 visa and it looks like the best option but given its subjective nature I'm wondering if this stacks up for a small business like ours. Would I need to go to the US and set up the business before applying? Would it be better to start taking US client payments to US company before application?

1. Dana Howard Shultz

Answered . I have helped dozens of foreign clients in situations such as yours. (I'm a business lawyer; a colleague takes care of immigration / work visa matters.)

The L-1 visa is, indeed, the one I've seen used most often in such circumstances. (For investors with a lot of money, the E-2 visa can be attractive.) Please see the post at the link below.

As concerns the sequence in which steps should be taken, ask your immigration lawyer.

This information does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  2. Neil Ian Fleischer

1

Answered . What type of business. This is much to vague to answer on this forum
    Have you looked into E visas
    www.immigrate2usa.com for more info

3. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . I agree with my colleague ... you should share more information with an attorney in private.