I'm a U.S citizen that is a married to an illegal alien. My husband was convicted of a 2nd degree felony.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Houston, TX

He spent 2 years in a texas prison, but he used a different name and D.O.B also he change his country of birth,on his real name he is clean does he can apply with his real name but he is afraid his finger prints will come up. How can he get legally I'm marry with him and got 3 kids plus one in the way

1. Brian Rhodes

3

Answered . More information is needed in order to determine whether anything can be done for your husband, however any criminal history will be discovered by USCIS and it is a requirement to provide those documents with your applications. I would strongly recommend seeking a consultation with my office or one of the other qualified attorneys on AVVO. Good luck!

2. Laura Justine Jacobson

2

Answered . If he applies for something with immigration, they will run a background check using his fingerprints, so he should not try to cover that up -- it will only cause him even more problems down the road. Talk to an immigration lawyer who can review the details of his crime and his immigration history to give you a better idea of your options.

3. Kara Lien Roberts

1

1

Answered . Agree with prior to attorneys. You and your husband need an attorney's assistance with anything you do from here. Every little detail with an immigration case can matter and can make a big difference. The only way you will get the advice you need and can rely on (not just what you want to hear) is by consulting with an attorney. You will not get the advice/information you need on here because your husband's case is already complex with the little information you offered. Please go consult with 2-3 immigration attorneys and get some good advice before you take any actions that might jeopardize your family.