Skip to main content

I'm a U.S. Citizen married to an illegal immigrant my husband entered the US when he was 12 yrs old how can he get his residency

San Francisco, CA |
Filed under: Spousal immigration

He entered at the age of 12 illegaly, but both his parents had a temporary visa at the time.He is now 30 so hes been here for while. I'm a US Citizen and would like to change his status.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Hello:

    Some will depend if he entered legally or illegally. Also, I would need to know if he had anything filed prior to April 30, 2001. If he falls under an exception or 245(i), he can adjust here in the U.S. Otherwise, he must file under Consulate Processing, leave the U.S. and also apply for the Waiver of the 3/10 year bar. Please see more below.


    Brian D. Lerner
    Attorney at Law

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics