I'm a Pakistani Wife of a divorced U.S. Citizen he applied for my I-130 in December 2012 its in initial review since 2 months

Tyler, TX |

He applied it from Texas in December 2012 , we've got the notice of action 1 & 2 , now how much longer will it take for the process to complete and after the decision what will be the next step ? will his divorce become a hindrance in the case's approval ?

1. He should have sent a certified copy of the divorce decree to show that he was free to marry. The I-130 takes on average about six months to complete. If you are abroad, the next step will be paying the fees and submitting the necessary documents to the NVC so they can schedule an appointment at the Consulate. If you are in the US, then you should talk to an attorney about adjusting your status in the US.

This answer is not to be construed as legal advice. For a free telephone consultation, contact us now at: info@moralespllc.com (512) 215-5235 Austin, (214) 377-4822 Dallas, (713) 242-1783 Houston, (210) 957-8845 San Antonio Please dial extension 500

2. As long as he was legally divorced before he married you, the divorce should not keep them from approving your case.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney relationship is created through this information. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions.

3. If he sponsored the ex-wife and not too much time passed, it may be problematic. The other attorneys gave you the time frame for the process

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics