I'm a mother of 2 beautiful girls. I have been going through a divorce/custody batle for 3 years.I'm appealing a court order.

El Cajon, CA |

I'm in the Military.Last year I was deployed in Iraq for six months.Prior to my deployment, I had physical custody of my kids and their Dad had them two weekends out of the month.During my deployment,my ex had temporary physical custody of the girls. After i returned from Iraq, we both went to court. There was a court evaluation done and the evaluator recommended that my kids stay with their Dad. My ex brought letters to court from my kids teachers saying that they are doing well in school. I thought I was going to die when the Judge awarded him physical custody of the girls that day.My problem also was that I don't have any family living near me and he has his parents and silings within minutes. I'm now appealing the descision.What are my chances of winning the appeal?. Please advise me!

I love my girls and I want them back. can the courts legally hand custody over to him based on my work sittuation?. It's not Fair!

1. Remember if you can that custody of your two beautiful girls is not about you, it is about the best interest of the children.

If you want a different result on appeal you have to have something different to present. A lawyer might help.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/how-to-choose-a-lawyer-for-you

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-tell-my-lawyer

No one can know what the record is in the case because online we cannot see your documents that show the ruling you mention. You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney with whom you have established an attorney client relationship and all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

Child custody topics