I'm a male, divorced in Wisconsin. My ex-wife is paying me monthly support. If I remarry payments stop per the divorce decree.

Asked 11 months ago - Delafield, WI

Will the court notify her if I do get remarried or is it my responsibility to inform her?

1. Frances Parker Quarles

5

1

Best Answer

Answered . The court will not monitor your marriage status. You will need to tell your ex-wife if you get married again. What will happen if you remarry, don't tell her and continue to accept payments, she will find out eventually and file a contempt action against you. In that lawsuit she will ask the court to order you repay any amounts made to you after you were married. In contempt action, it's possible you could be sent to jail as a coercion to pay up. It's in your best interests to let your ex-wife know if and when you get re-married.

2. Lee Alan Thompson

4

Answered . The court won't do it but you should.

3. Dean George Tsourakis

Pro

3

Answered . Neither but ex wives always find out.

4. A J. Williams

Pro

1

Answered . The court will not notify her. You should do the courtesy of notifying the court and her.