I'm a green card holder, and im still on dui probation,can I travel to Philippines without a problem?

Belmont, CA |

Green card holder traveling abroad in 2 weeks, I'm still on probation of DUI, i got it 1 year ago. My DUI was just a simple DUI, no damages, no one got Hurt. Can I travel with out any problem? Do I need to get something from court? Please help!

You can travel, but make sure to carry a certified copy of the court's interim final disposition document on you upon your return, just in case.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

You should be ok. I agree with atty Behar that you should carry a copy of the court disposition. If the police report reflects simple DUI, low BAC, and no aggressiveness or dangerousness on your part, you may wish to have that too. If in doubt, do not bring it though.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.

I agree with my colleagues. Make sure that you take with your certified court documents of the decision of the court just in case the immigration official at the port of entry doesn't make it difficult for you to enter the US upon your return.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI