I'm a female construction worker. I was laid off. Boss said he'll hire me back. Instead, he hired a guy in my place. No females

New York, NY |

are working with this company.

It's possible that you have a gender discrimination claim, but a lawyer would need more information to know for sure. These types of issues require a careful evaluation. I would encourage you to consult with an employment lawyer near you. Good luck.

My answers to questions posted on AVVO are intended to provide general information only, and are not intended to be legal advice. Employment law issues typically require a careful case-by-case analysis. Consequently, if you feel that you need legal advice, I would encourage you to consult in person with an employment attorney in your area.

I thank you so kindly for your response. I need a lawyer who will take the case on a contingency basis. I see you are not that type of lawyer, can you refer me to any. Thank you.

Darrel S Jackson

Darrel S Jackson

I don't know any New York lawyers, but you'll find highly qualified employment lawyers at National Employment Lawyers Association website. http://www.nela.org/NELA/

Okay, again thank you Darrel. Have a good day.

Consult with an employment lawyer.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Thank you very much for you quick response. Do you know any attorneys that will take my case on a contingency basis? Thank you again.

Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

Email me and I will give you a name or two. Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com

Okay,

You may have a viable claim, I suggest you arrange a free consultation with an experienced employment attorney immediately.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and you should contact an attorney to confirm or research further any statements made in this answer. Any statements of fact or law I have made in this answer pertain solely to New York State and should not be relied upon in any way in any other jurisdiction. Additionally, we also encourage you to reach out to us via Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/WhiteRoseMarks) or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/WhiteRoseMarks) if you have follow up questions as we do not monitor questions after providing an initial answer.

You should consult with an attorney that practices civil rights as you may well have claims under the Civil Rights Act of 1866, the Civil Rights Act of 1871 (if under cloak of state power), NYS Human Rights Law and the NYC Human Rights Law as well as some common law torts.

Answers to questions posted on the AVVO website as well as content contained on The Sanders Firm, P.C., website is intended for informational purposes only. Nothing in such answers or the content contained on The Sanders Firm, P.C., website is to be considered as either creating an Attorney-Client relationship between the reader and The Sanders Firm, P.C., or as the rendering of legal advice for any specific matter. Readers are responsible for obtaining such legal advice in consultation with a licensed Attorney.

Recommended articles about Employment