I'm a divorced parent and have custody arrangement for my kids. How can I change previously agreed site location for kids swap?

Asked over 1 year ago - Princeton, NJ

My house is being foreclosed and being forced to vacate the property, and current swap location will be out of the way from my new place of residence. Any thoughts?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Andrew John Economos

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Theres a couple things you can do. Speak to your ex and explain your situation and agree upon a new location for the transition. If that is not an option, then you can always file a motion with the court asking that a new location be designated. If a new location is designated in a Court Order, your ex really has no choice but to follow it. If he does not, then he jeopardizes his parenting time with the kids.

    Disclaimer: This information is being provided for educational/informational purposes. It is not to be considered... more
  2. Yolanda Navarrete

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with Mr. Economos.

    973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely... more
  3. Thomas S. Durst


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can try to enter into a consent order and if that doesn't work you will need to file a motion.

    This post is not legal advice and does not create a confidential attorney-client relationship. It is being... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,766 answers this week

3,125 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,766 answers this week

3,125 attorneys answering