I'm a divorced parent and have custody arrangement for my kids. How can I change previously agreed site location for kids swap?

Asked over 1 year ago - Princeton, NJ

My house is being foreclosed and being forced to vacate the property, and current swap location will be out of the way from my new place of residence. Any thoughts?

1. Andrew John Economos

5

Answered . Theres a couple things you can do. Speak to your ex and explain your situation and agree upon a new location for the transition. If that is not an option, then you can always file a motion with the court asking that a new location be designated. If a new location is designated in a Court Order, your ex really has no choice but to follow it. If he does not, then he jeopardizes his parenting time with the kids.

2. Yolanda Navarrete

3

Answered . I agree with Mr. Economos.

3. Thomas S. Durst

Pro

2

Answered . You can try to enter into a consent order and if that doesn't work you will need to file a motion.