I'm a divorced parent and have custody arrangement for my kids. How can I change previously agreed site location for kids swap?

Princeton, NJ |

My house is being foreclosed and being forced to vacate the property, and current swap location will be out of the way from my new place of residence. Any thoughts?

Theres a couple things you can do. Speak to your ex and explain your situation and agree upon a new location for the transition. If that is not an option, then you can always file a motion with the court asking that a new location be designated. If a new location is designated in a Court Order, your ex really has no choice but to follow it. If he does not, then he jeopardizes his parenting time with the kids.

Disclaimer: This information is being provided for educational/informational purposes. It is not to be considered legal advice and no attorney/client privilege was established as a result of same.

I agree with Mr. Economos.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

You can try to enter into a consent order and if that doesn't work you will need to file a motion.

This post is not legal advice and does not create a confidential attorney-client relationship. It is being offered for informational purposes only. You should not relay any confidential or priviliged material in this public forum. You should not rely on this post as legal advice. In order to obtain a more comprehensive answer to your question you should consult with an attorney of your choosing.