I'm a college student doing my first Moot Court mock trial for appeals. Any advice?

Asked about 2 years ago - New York, NY

Pretty nervous. The case at hand is State of New Jersey v. T.L.O. (I will represent the appellant T.L.O.)

1. 2

Answered . Speak slowly.

2. 1

Answered . Do as many moots as possible ahead of the competition.

Specifically, with regards to your particular case, study the oral argument from the original case. You should expect that the judges will ask similar questions.
    http://www.oyez.org/cases/1980-1989/1983/1983_8...

Best of luck!

3. 1

Answered . Know the record. Listen to and Answer the Judge's questions directly. Stay focused.