I'm a Class A truck driver, I missed my court date. Can I appeal?

I have a third lane violation I was not able to get over in a safe timely manner. A California CHP officer pulled me over and cited me. I had a trip to LA thought I would be back in time, took one day more unexpectedly miss my court date. The CHP officer was present now I have a failure to appear. Can I appeal?

Fremont, CA -

Attorney Answers (3)

Anthony Michael Solis

Anthony Michael Solis

Criminal Defense Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

First things first, you need to get the warrant cleared and then see if you can get the matter put back on calendar. You may want to retain a lawyer. And you can't "appeal" because you haven't finished the case yet, it's still open.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT... more
Vijay Dinakar

Vijay Dinakar

Criminal Defense Attorney - San Jose, CA

Hire an attorney asap to save your trucking license which may be on the line.

For a Free Consultation Call: 408.313.5607
Andrew Stephen Roberts

Andrew Stephen Roberts

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - Thousand Oaks, CA

Get an attorney and get hold lifted. Fight the ticket. Was this date for trial?

Andrew Roberts
(818) 597-0633

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.