I'm a Class A truck driver, I missed my court date. Can I appeal?

Fremont, CA |

I have a third lane violation I was not able to get over in a safe timely manner. A California CHP officer pulled me over and cited me. I had a trip to LA thought I would be back in time, took one day more unexpectedly miss my court date. The CHP officer was present now I have a failure to appear. Can I appeal?

1. First things first, you need to get the warrant cleared and then see if you can get the matter put back on calendar. You may want to retain a lawyer. And you can't "appeal" because you haven't finished the case yet, it's still open.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

2. Get an attorney and get hold lifted. Fight the ticket. Was this date for trial?

Andrew Roberts
    (818) 597-0633

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

3. Hire an attorney asap to save your trucking license which may be on the line.

For a Free Consultation Call: 408.313.5607